Test System Development Engineer
Job Title: Test System Development Engineer
Salary: From £32,750.00 to £34,000.00
Working Hours: 37.0 Hours per week
The following are the core responsibilities of this role. The scope and focus of the day-to-day activities will, however, evolve dependent on business requirements.
Test System Development Engineer Job Purpose: We are looking for a positive and enthusiastic individual, with an interest and ability for hands-on work and open to learning opportunities, looking to build a career in Engineering Services. Day-to-day activities will involve the following but are not limited to:
• Defines site objectives by analyzing test system requirements, and envisioning system features and functionality.
• Designs and develops automated test software and user interfaces systems by setting expectations and features priorities throughout the development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
• Recommends system solutions by comparing the advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
• Integrates applications by designing test system architecture and their respective modules, scripting, studying, and establishing automated test system solutions.
• Creates instrument drivers based on SCPI or VISA methodology.
• Completes test system development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
• Supports clients by developing documentation i.e. design, user manual, deployment manual, and assistance tools.
• Enhances organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
1. Electronics/Electrical Engineering Experience of 2 years and above
2. Basics of instrumentation engineering, with knowledge of hardware used for engineering validation and tests.
3. Electronics Schematic Capture, Layout Design, Simulation.
4. Intermediate knowledge of LabVIEW, Python, C, C#, and other scripting languages.
5. Basic knowledge of Mechanical, 3D designs flow and packages Fusion360.
Qualified to a Bachelor’s Degree Level in Electronics/Electrical Engineering